A father and son are to stand trial accused of threatening to kill a baby before attacking a man with a sword and destroying two vehicles with the sword and a hammer.
William McPhee Sr and William McPhee Jr are accused of going on a violent rampage in Montrose on June 22 last year.
They are first alleged to have both assaulted a man by brandishing a sword at him, chasing after him, striking him on the body and arm with a shovel and striking him on the arm with a hammer.
McPhee Sr is then alleged to have assaulted a second man by aiming blows at him with a sword through the window of a car and striking him on the face and leg with the sword to his injury.
McPhee Jr is accused of assaulting a woman by striking her on the body with a hammer causing her to fall to her injury.
The older man is then accused of culpably and recklessly swinging a hammer in the direction of six people to the danger of injury.
Prosecutors say both men behaved in a threatening or abusive manner towards the woman and threatened to kill her, members of her family and the baby.
Both men are then said to have wilfully or recklessly destroyed the car with a sword by repeatedly striking and damaging bodywork, lights and windows.
McPhee Jr is also said to have destroyed a van with a hammer during the incident.
McPhee Sr, 46, of Fairlie Street, Camelon, Falkirk, and McPhee Jr, 23, of Ure Street, Bonnybridge, both deny charges of assault, behaving in a threatening and abusive manner and vandalism on indictment at Forfar Sheriff Court.
Sheriff Gregor Murray continued the case to a further pre-trial hearing later this month.