DCSIMG

Redford walk for heritage group

This picture shows members of Carmyllie Heritage listening to Mr Jim Wallace speaking about the extraction from Redford Quarry in 1976 of a tractor which had been abandoned there in 1921.

This picture shows members of Carmyllie Heritage listening to Mr Jim Wallace speaking about the extraction from Redford Quarry in 1976 of a tractor which had been abandoned there in 1921.

Carmyllie Heritage spent an interesting and informative afternoon walking around Redford village and the surrounding area.

They then moved on to the long disused Guynd Quarry to the south-east of Redford.

Quarrying was in operation from around 1840 to 1880, but only produced a fraction of dressed stone compared to the Slade quarry.

This picture shows members of Carmyllie Heritage listening to Mr Jim Wallace speaking about the extraction from the quarry in 1976 of a tractor which had been abandoned there in 1921.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page